We are seeking a FULL-TIME PAINT ADVISOR to work 35-40 HOURS PER WEEK!
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
This position is responsible for overall customer satisfaction, driving sales, building sales skills and product knowledge and maintaining safety, security and integrity of the paint department.
· Provide amazing, fast sales service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance.
· Provide information on product features/benefits, and know related items to sell an entire project.
· Greet, qualify, recommend and close sales for customers in the paint department.
· Troubleshoot customer issues/problems that may arise
· Possess basic knowledge of adjacent departments.
· Department and product knowledge that includes, but is not limited to the following areas:
o ability to identify and explain different types of paint (i.e. premium vs. economy)
o identify and explain different paint finishes (i.e. flat, satin, eggshell, and semi-gloss)
o explain and demonstrate faux and decorative finishes
o identify and explain various painters’ tools including paint sprayers, power washers, edgers, rollers, brushes
o ability to explain the different uses of adhesives, solvents, caulk.
· Maintain the in-stock position of assigned area, and ensure that it is clean, shop able, and safe.
· Work in cooperation with Store Management, other sales departments, and the front-end associates to ensure customers’ needs are met.
· Use various equipment and machinery to match and mix paint; must be able to visually distinguish slight differences in a vast array of colors.
· Responsible for Paint training, coaching and developing store associates in the Paint department.
· Drive the Business To Business “B2B” paint business
· Attend mandatory monthly store meetings
Other responsibilities as assigned by store management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
High School degree, some college preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a retail environment a plus.
Must be able to read and interpret documents; speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Should be able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic concepts of math.
Should be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; also be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must have knowledge of retail computer systems and electronic cash registers.
Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce and Epicor Eagle a plus.
Experience with Benjamin Moore’s web portal, ACE’s web portal, XRite a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Flexible hours of availability are required due to the demands of the retail environment.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time up to 4 hours or more consecutively.
· Ability to physically handle all merchandise purchased by customers to scan, bag and place back in the customers shopping cart.
· Ability to physically use a scanner to scan all merchandise and to use all computer equipment to complete customer transactions.
· Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set for in the sales associate job description.
· Ability to restock shelves in all merchandising areas, with product and ability to clean and dust all shelves.
· Lifting at least 7 to 10 lbs on a routine basis; lifting may exceed 40 lbs in certain instances;
· Bending, climbing and twisting is routine; the position requires the ability to retrieve, stock, and move product;
· Manual dexterity; working with cash registers and computers, assembly of some products
· The ability to see and read product labels, dispense product knowledge, and communicate with our customer base.